Friday, June 10, 2011

Broom-age

The Red Sox beat the Yankees early this morning 8-3, to take a 2 game lead in the American League East.

The three game sweep of the Jankees gives Boston a 8-1 record this year against New York and I think they've won like 6 straight in the new stadium there.

A little plunkage in the game as Beckett drilled Jeter in the first and Sabathia responded by hitting Papi in the fourth. I see where some are trying to make a deal out of that, saying the New York media was pushing the meme that Ortiz has never been hit by a Yankee pitcher.

whatever

It's baseball, folks. tit-for-tat You hit my guy, I hit yours. They've been playing the game like that for a hundred years. Nothing to see here.

Bottom line is that Boston's back on top in the division. Now they've got more work to do with a trip here to face the Rays who always play them tough. And as a fan of both teams, it's a lose-lose series for me.

No comments: