Wednesday, August 7, 2013

No Michelle, I haven't forgotten

The US Army is finally conducting the trial of Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan after years of waiting. Michelle Malkin has an excellent article at her website detailing many of the forgotten facts about this act of terrorism. I won't bother to excerpt it here, you should go and read it and the accompanying articles for yourself.

As I said in the title to this post, I haven't forgotten about this tragedy . . . because my son was based at Ft. Hood when it happened. It was the most frightening moment of my life. Sitting at home, seeing the news flash on television and realizing my only child was in the midst of a terrorist attack.

I managed to get him via text message, and since the base was in a lock-down condition, I relayed what they were saying on the news to him so that he could pass that on to his comrades. Finally getting through on phone . . . hearing the incredulity in his voice as he relayed the news to others that it was a Major doing the killing . . . can't ever forget that.

But I have also not forgotten the coward-in-chief, our Islamic terrorist appeasing President calling this an incident of "workplace violence". Perhaps one of the most shameful moments of any President in my lifetime.

In the days subsequent to the attack at Ft. Hood, I kept in closer contact with my son than usual. I passed along a news report that said that Hasan, who was still in the hospital recovering from the bullet wounds he suffered in his capture, was too weak to stand trial. My son suggested they simply strap him onto his gurney and stand him before a firing squad.

My thoughts exactly! Send this f*cker to his 72 virgins and be done with him!

2 comments:

benning said...

Can't actually imagine THIS gubmint allowing the Major to be executed. I know the military method is firing squad, but I'd prefer to see the Major hung.

Sad, isn't it, that I've found myself becoming a bit bloodthirsty.

:(

postaldog said...

There was a time when countries had their differences, they would line up their armies and have at it. The winner won, and to the spoils...etc. I don't understand how we've devolved to the point that when a weaker country or entity like Islam can't beat someone in a straight up fight, they and their enablers in the press, feel it's okay to simply kill the innocent in an attempt to horrify the other side into submission.

We can be civilized and still be ruthless. Those who attack us deserve to be put down hard, to discourage future attacks. As you say, it's a shame we have to be this way, but this terror won't end if we keep trying to play nice all the time.