Friday, October 18, 2013

Taylor Momsen's new song better than you might think

The new video for Taylor Momsen's band, The Pretty Reckless, dropped today. The song is called "Going to Hell" and has drawn the usual snarky fire from celeb bloggers with nothing better to do than yak about Kim Kardashian's giant ass. Setting aside the sort of lame satanic imagery in the video, the lyrics are more about Taylor going to hell for being a bitch. Not so much a paean to devil worshiping, despite what you might think:


The song's a decent rocker, with some pretty full chunky guitar work. The lyrics aren't exactly drawing comparisons to the Moody Blues or Yes, but they are still sort of a garage-y band, so I'll cut them some slack here.

I've said before that I like Momsen's pipes -- she's got an amazingly big voice for such a little girl. And I'd love to see these guys get some professional producing/songwriting behind them, because in this world of Carrie Underwood singing Guns 'n Roses, I'd really like to see a good, legitimate female rocker.

Here's some pics from Momsen's recent Maxim gig along with some other stuff I had laying around:

taylor momsen maximtaylor momsen maxim
taylor momsen maximtaylor momsen maxim
taylor momsen fhmtaylor momsen revolver

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find her hot in a way that sort of scares me.

Anonymous said...

I'm usually not a fan of the raccoon eye make-up, but she pulls it off. Certainly has the punk / hardcore rocker thing down pat.

Nice post.