Monday, August 11, 2014

R.I.P. Robin Williams

And wow! I just saw that Robin Williams is dead. And probably from self-inflicted asphyxia.

Jeepers. Like Robert Downey Jr., Williams' demons had him down for the count for a lot of years. But I thought he had beaten them, cleaned up and was getting on with his life. What a shame.

His old comedy concert from back in the 80s on cable is still one of my all-time favorites. To this day, I've got little phrases embedded in my daily speech from that show. I remember one part where he was talking about how California cops would mess with drivers they figured were coked up -- and he did this exaggerated slo-motion walk and speech then did the part of the driver laughing hysterically while trying to maintain. My best friend, who did a fair amount of coke back in the day was practically crying, he was laughing so hard.

I didn't even google him to see if he has children, I know he's married. My condolences to his family. And I hope he and Jonathan Winters have some laughs together up there.

:-(

No comments: